We take safety very seriously.
Capitol Materials Coastal takes safety very seriously. In addition to carrying a full line of safety products, we also staff an on-site safety manager who works closely with our customers and their general contractors to ensure all safety guidelines are met and that the proper equipment is used when we make deliveries.
Capitol Materials Coastal trains and certifies all of its operators in-house so that they are prepared to safely deliver materials to your jobsite. We hold weekly training sessions on safety for all of our employees, and we even offer a safety incentive benefit program for our stockers and warehouse workers. Each one of our employees is trained to:
- Respond to unsafe conditions
- Use personal protective equipment
- Develop safe work practices
- Recognize safety hazards
- Follow all established safety rules.
It is the practice of our company to make sure all managers and supervisors focus primarily on creating a safe work environment for employees and ensuring that they have received proper training.
OSHA and DOT Compliant
Our company understands the importance of OSHA when it comes to the health and safety of our workers. We are committed to full compliance with OSHA and DOT laws and regulations, and in this spirit we conduct regular jobsite visits to check for crew compliance.
With respect to OSHA, our employees are trained in:
- Walking-working surfaces
- Hazard communication
- Personal protective equipment
- Material handling
- Power industrial trucks
With respect to DOT, our employees are trained in:
- Controlled substances, alcohol use and testing
- Safety fitness procedures
- Qualifications of drivers
- Driving of commercial motor vehicles
- Parts and accessories for safe operation
- Hours of service drivers
- Inspection, repair and maintenance
- Transportation of hazardous materials
In addition, we provide each of our drivers with Smith System driver improvement training.